Installing the MissingLink Package for Use With Your Deep Learning Framework
About the MissingLink package
The MissingLink package includes the following components:
- MissingLink SDK: a lightweight library that wraps your favorite deep learning framework and makes your experiment monitorable remotely.
- MissingLink CLI: a command-line tool for advanced integration.
- Web dashboard: a simple yet powerful interface for monitoring and managing your experiments.
MissingLink supports the following versions of Python:
- Python 2: Version 2.7 or later
- Python 3: Version 3.4 or later
For more information, see Python Package Index.
You must install MissingLink in the same virtual environment as your deep learning framework.
Install the MissingLink package using either the pip or conda package manager:
sudo easy_install pip # install pip if you have not yet pip install missinglink
conda config --add channels conda-forge conda config --add channels missinglink.ai conda install missinglink
It is highly recommended you perform the installation in a virtual Python environment using virtualenv.
Before accessing your AI projects using MissingLink, you need to first receive authentication.
In a terminal, run the following command:
ml auth init
A browser opens for you to log in as when you log in to your MissingLink admin dashboard. After a successful login, you will be notified of success, for example "User authenticated. Close this tab and go back to the console."
In case you are running
ml auth on machines without browsers, it is recommended to use the
--disable-webserver flag. Instead of opening a browser, the system will give you a URL and prompt you to enter a token. Using the URL on a different machine, with a browser will provide the token that you need to enter.