We’re looking for a Data Scientist & Developer Evangelist to help our team tell the story of our fast-growing deep learning platform. You will work with our product, marketing, design, and engineering teams to spread the word about MissingLink.ai.
“A developer evangelist is first and foremost a translator. Someone who can explain technology to different audiences to get their support for a certain product or technology. It needs to be someone who is technical but also capable to find the story in a technical message… A good developer evangelist can get techies excited about a product by pointing out the benefits for developers who use the product on an eye-to-eye level….” — Chris Heilmann, the Developer Evangelist’s Handbook
Please include links to social media, websites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Kaggle, Personal Blog, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.).
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific Deep Learning practices and solutions.
- Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer events.
- Speaking and sharing your expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to both MissingLink.ai and other open source tools, applications, examples, sales demos, and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies, and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how MissingLink.ai might help them be even more awesome.
- Proven work experience for 3+ years as Developer Evangelist / Developer Relations / Developer Advocate
- Presenting and speaking experience at conferences
- Building content to an existing and active follower base
- Solid and diverse engineering skills – If you were writing code full time, you’d be a great performer. You’ve probably maintained a non-trivial project in production and understand the joys and risks involved.
- A knack for teaching technical concepts – Whether as an instructor, mentor, or peer, you’ve discovered that when it comes to teaching the keys to success are empathy, patience, and attention to detail.
- Friendly and approachable
- Leadership and service in developer communities – Advantage.
- Technical writing skills as demonstrated via blog posts and other written work – Advantage.
- Willingness to take the stage is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience’s time and attention – Advantage.
- Data Science background – Have experience building deep learning architectures for commercial products and a good understanding of the fundamentals and best practices of deep learning. – Advantage